Komodo Tortoise Diet has been specially crafted to offer optimal nutrition for European pet tortoises, such as the Mediterranean and Horsfield’s species. With a 3.5:1 calcium-to-phosphorus ratio, along with high fibre and low protein content, this diet is the perfect way to keep your pet healthy and strong.
- Always moisten the food prior to feeding.
- Experiment with the level of saturation to suit your tortoises.
- Supply fresh, small portions in the morning and evening.
- Tortoises enjoy grazing, so several small dishes can be positioned throughout the habitat to increase cage enrichment.
- Remove uneaten food and provide clean fresh drinking water daily.
- Fresh foods such as dandelion leaves and fruits could be provided as part of the diet.
- Tortoises can sometimes be reluctant to try new food, so initially serve Komodo food with familiar food.